What is the CISM Peer Support Program?
It is a team of peers ready to help any NAV CANADA employee involved in a critical incident.
CISM peers provide information on critical incident stress and ways to cope with its symptoms. All CISM peers are volunteers trained to support you during times of stress. All discussions with CISM peers are strictly confidential. A CISM peer can also connect you with other support services if needed.
What to remember following a critical incident
- Connect with the CISM Peer Support Program.
- Understand and expect the incident to affect you.
- Remain close to your family, friends and co-workers.
- Give yourself time to heal.
- Relax and take time to enjoy the things in life that are important to you.
- Try not to become preoccupied with the incident.
- Be aware of your emotional state before returning to work.
- Seek additional help through the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) or an Employee Health and Wellness Coordinator, if needed.
*Accessible only from a NAV CANADA computer connected to the NAV CANADA Intranet (on-site or by VPN)